I know, some of you must be wondering if I am still alive and what has happened to my blog. Well I am fine. I have been exceptionally busy running two businesses and with that, my guitar building time came to a grinding halt. I just haven't had any time at all to spend in the shop until the last two days. It was kind of strange going up there yesterday and trying to pick up where I left off with my parlor build. I had to go back through my notes to see where I was and where I needed to start. Heck, it had been so long I had forgotten whether I was building a short or long scale! I had to measure my fret slots to see what I had done there to figure it out.
Anyways, I finally figured that I needed to do the tail graft. Several months ago I had joined two thinned pieces of mahogany that matched the Koa bindings to use for the graft so I needed to cut the piece, cut the tail and glue it in. That went fine so today I decided to glue on the top binding and perfling strips. I had already bent the bindings and cut the channels so all I needed to do was clean it up and glue them on. A million pieces of tape and some sticky fingers later and the top binding and perflings are installed currently drying. Hopefully I will be able to get up there tomorrow to glue the back bindings on.
I really want to spend a little time each day to get this project done. I really feel like I have abandoned something that I thoroughly enjoyed last year. I love building guitars and I just don't want to spend all of my time working and not having some time to do what I enjoy.