Google
 

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bracing and profiling....

Although I didn't post this week, I did get some time a couple of evenings this week to work on the guitar. I spent the time making a back reinforcement strip and gluing it down, chiseling out the brace spots in that back strip, sanding the side profiles, and gluing down the remaining braces. Lastly I made the bridge plate out of maple.




Here is the center reinforcement strip glued down and clamped in my go bar deck. I used some scrap quartersawn redwood for the strip.



The top with all of the braces glued down.


In between glue up sessions I spent time sanding to rims and kerfed linings to the back and top radiuses.


I also made a hard maple bridge plate. I wanted EIR but I didn't have a piece to use so I am settling with maple.


Before gluing the back braces down I chiseled out the spots in the center strip.


Finally I glued down the back braces.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mate, I've searched your blog but can not seem to find any photos of how you joing you soundboard and back plates?

David said...

Hi Ted,

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you. If you look at June 2, Aug 31, Sept 1 and 3 you will see pictures of my clamping jig. On the June 2 page I have a picture of my sanding the joint on the SJ back pieces.