Google
 

Monday, January 7, 2008

Glued in blocks.....

I didn't have a lot of shop time today but I did get the neck block finished and both glued to the rims. I also got the back and top sanded down to thickness. The top is .122" now and I figure I will have it down to .115 for final thickness, and the back is sanded to .085". I went down to .075" on the twins and it felt like I went a bit thin on them. They are solid, but they can be bowed back without too much effort so I wanted to stiffen this one up a touch. I went a lot by feel on both the top and back this time. I did a lot of flexing, especially of the top to get a feel for stiffness. When I felt the top starting to loosen up, I stopped sanding.


Here is the neck block ready for gluing. Well almost ready, I gave it a coat of shellac before gluing. Again, note the fancy edges. :)


Here are the rims being glued to the blocks.




No comments: