Google
 

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sorry I have been .....

a bit remiss in updating this blog. I have been crazy busy and just haven't had any time to work on the guitar this last week other than spending some time profiling the rims to the needed width, and then sanding them on the radius dishes. I am waiting on a couple of parts to arrive, but really that isn't holding me up. What is holding me us is work and online book selling. It has just been crazy. Hopefully I will get some shop time this weekend. I also have a small cheap classical guitar that my daughter's friend asked me to do some minor repairs on. It really is a piece of ...... well you know what.... but it gives me a little repair experience. Unfortunately the neck is very much out of alignment and it has a Spanish heal. I have no experience at all with them and I won't even attempt to re-set it. Fortunately I can make a new saddle, level the frets and get the action back down to a playable level instead of about a mile above the frets like it is now. It is a garage sale special so really no harm....no foul on this one. The girl who owns it can't play and just wants it cleaned up, new strings, and fix some chips. I figure if I can get it playable that is better than it is now.

Sorry, no pictures tonight.

No comments: