Google
 

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm still here...

Just in case you all thought I dropped off again, I haven't I realized that before I got too far into working on my guitar I need to get the humidity level in my shop back down to a decent level. I took out the dehumidifier a couple of years ago to use in another area so my shop has been sitting without any humidity control all that time. It dawned on me this weekend that before I glue the fingerboard to the neck that it would be wise for me to de-humidify the shop and then let the wood acclimate to the new low humidity level. So, I need to get a de-humidifier and start it running up there before I do anything else with the guitar. I learned my lesson the hard way about working on a guitar without humidity control during my second build. That guitar has serious problems now because of it. I am not going to make that mistake again!

So, I am still here and chomping at the bit to work on my guitar but I am holding off until it is wise for me do get back at it. I won't be doing any updating until I feel that it is safe to get back to work. That may be a couple of weeks but as I said, better safe than sorry!

No comments: