Google
 

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Back is all joined up.....

I didn't have a lot of time to spend in the shop today, but I did get the top out of the joining jig and the back glued up. Both pieces glued up very nicely with seam lines that are almost invisible. I scraped and sanded the glue lines to get an idea of how they look. There is still some glue on them but I think I will wait until my thickness sander gets here to sand them down to size. No sense in killing myself trying to sand them down now when I will have a new tool to do it for me shortly. I have a pretty busy week coming up so I am not sure how much I will get done but I will try and get some time a few nights to get started on the neck.



The back all joined up. I think this is going to look really nice.


Yep, the wood is purple. Here is the proof!

1 comment:

kthom said...

David,
THANKS for all you share on your blog! Your honesty is refreshing. I think many folks are smitten by the guitar and by beginning to play you are launched into a lifestyle. Take it from a guitar HACK! Keep working on your chord shapes, it's all about muscle memory and it's built one move at a time. I often get the shape down of a new chord or progression and then close my eyes and do it over and over again until I fell more comfortable with it. Often I'll play each string individually to make sure I'm not muting strings I'm not fretting with poor finger placement. keep practicing and building...and sharing.
Thanks,
KTHOM