Google
 

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Strung it up.....

I finally got the OOO strung up tonight and all I can say is WOW! This guitar sounds amazing. It is very loud, a lot louder than my other two guitars and it has a very bright sound to it. Although it has a fairly small body, it has a nice deep bass to it too. I am really amazed at how good it sounds. I guess all the hype about Adirondack spruce is for good reason. Comparing it to my OM, the top is thinner, the bracing is lighter, and the overall guitar is lighter. It really makes quite a bit of difference in the feel of the guitar while strumming it. The guitar vibrates a lot more against my body than the other two do. I never expected to hear the sound I heard when I strummed a few chords for the first time. I am thrilled.

I still have some work to do on it though. The action at both the nut and saddle are very high and that causes almost every string to go sharp at about the 3rd fret on up. I will need to lower the nut somewhere around 2/32" and the saddle will probably need to be lowered somewhere around 3/32". Like I said, the action is really high! I would have taken the time to do it right then but I was too anxious to get it strung up so I could hear it. Heck, I was so much in a hurry, I strung it up completely before I realized that I had forgotten to take out the humidifier I had inside the body! It is rattling around in there still but I will take it out when I work the action.

So all that is left is to reset the action, compensate the saddle for intonation, and then polish it up for pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can not wait to see the final pictures. I am glad to hear that you are happy with the sound.