Google
 

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wood for the twins......

I don't have anything new to report, I just thought I would post some pictures of the wood for the twins. As I mentioned earlier, I am trying to keep the cost down as much as possible on these so I picked AA tops and opportunity grade EIR for the back and sides. The rosewood arrived today and it looks pretty good. I expected the wood to be really plain looking with some mineral streaking. The wood I got has some wide grain, and no mineral streaks. The color isn't the greatest but I am planning on doing some staining anyways so I think I can get it to look pretty nice. There are some knots that I need to deal with but I think all of them are outside the guitar body shape. All in all, for $25 sets, they are really pretty nice.



The fingerboard and bridge blanks. Those light colored chunks of wood are brace wood. I think there is enough wood there for at least 5 guitars!


The rest of the wood. Neck blanks, kerfed linings. blocks, bridge plates, laminates, bindings, perflings, and plates.


The sides


One back. After looking at this, I think I have one side flipped. All of the backs and sides were mixed up so I had to sort them out. I put the marks on it but it looks wrong.


The other back.


One top


The other top.


My ever so slowly growing stash of wood. so far, three backs and sides and two tops.



No comments: