Google
 

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Top bracing started and some clips....

Today I spent my time getting the first set of top braces ready for glue up and glued the X braces and tone bars down. I will get the A frame, transverse and finger braces glued down tomorrow. I had a big jump in my progression today. I actually remembered to drill the hole through the transverse brace for truss rod adjustment access. Hey, I am starting to learn from my mistakes. You can't fool me 5 times in a row, I'm just too smart for that! lol

Here are a couple of clips of my playing. It is still full of mistakes and dud notes, and my transitions in some parts of these songs is very choppy, but I am seeing some improvement. You would think playing the same song over about a thousand times would be enough for me to have it perfected, but that just isn't how it is going for me. I seem to make the same mistakes over and over again. Oh well, progress is still progress no matter how small it seems. And after all, I'm having fun and that is what it's all about anyway. (Yeah, I know I'm not smiling but really it is fun! I just can't do two things at once so it's either playing or smiling...)



The first top with half the braces glued up in the go bar deck.



This song is called Windows. It is in the fingerstyle book I am using for my lessons. It sounds okay, there are mistakes, and some dead strings but this is the song I am having the most improvement on. I started to learn this song about 2 weeks ago.



This is Canyon Canon that I played in the last video clip. There are still several mistakes, but it is a little better then it was last week. There is one section that I am having a tough time getting my fretting quickly and cleanly. You should easily be able to figure out which part it is. :)

No comments: