Google
 

Saturday, September 1, 2007

2nd plate joined, rims sanded

I didn't have a lot of time today (isn't that how it always is on a weekend!) to work on the twins, but I did get the second set of back plates joined and glued up. I also got the rims sanded for the top radius of 30'. I still need to trim the rims down to the correct thickness, that is why I didn't sand them on the 15' side. I also ran the glued up back through the thickness sander to check my glue joint and it looks great. I can't see the joint line at all and if it weren't for the change in grain direction, it would be invisible.

The first back after joining. I think it will look pretty good after staining and finish goes on. Right now though, the coloring is pretty 'muddy' if that makes any sense.


The second back glued up and in the joining jig.

No comments: