Google
 

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Crazy busy.....

Sorry I haven't had a chance to update my blog for the last few days. Work has been crazy busy and I haven't even gotten a chance to go into my shop let alone work on anything. I did get my order from Stewmac a couple of days ago with the precision router base, circle cutting guide, bit, and fret saw blade for my table saw. The router base and circle guide look to be very nice quality tools. I hope they will make my inlay work better. I was looking on Amazon last night and found solid carbide 4 flute end mill bits down to 1/32". I am interested in trying them. They look to be similar to the Stewmac bits, but 4 flute instead of two. The price is significantly less than Stewmacs price so it is worth it for me to give them a try. The prices range from $5.50 - $7.00 each. That is $10 cheaper per bit than Stewmac. If they work, I will let you know.

Anyways, I hope to get some time in the shop this weekend. The weather has been beautiful and I have a lot of yard work to get done since the ice storm last winter so my time may be limited. I really am anxious to make the fingerboard so I want to get that measured and cut at the bare miniumum. Also, the OM is ready for final sanding and polishing so I may get to work on that too.

No comments: