Google
 

Saturday, March 10, 2007

What a mess.....

DAY 43

Not too much to report on today. I spent a couple of hours doing some level sanding on the guitar but that is about it. The sanding went very well. I was able to get the entire guitar sanded and ready for 3 -6 more coats of lacquer. I was pretty careful with the sanding and got it all sanded down to 800 grit with NO SANDTHOROUGH!!! I am pretty happy about that! I have a few spots on the peghead rosewood where the pore filler didn't completely get all the pores so I am hoping the the last coats will fill enough that I can level sand the divots out. If not I will drop fill them.

I also spent some time cleaning the shop. I just cannot believe how big a mess I can make in such a short amount of time. I got a before and after picture. It sure is nice working on a nice neat work table. No pictures of the guitar today. Since all I did was sand, I decided not to bore you with pictures of sanding dust.




Before..... What a mess!


How on earth can I get anything done on that table?


Ahhhh, much better!

No comments: