Google
 

Friday, May 18, 2007

More sanding and a failed bridge jig.

Not too much new to report. I spent some more time sanding the body and neck, and then put one more coat of filler because there were still a few pores that were being stubborn! I also spent some time trying to lay out my bridge and make a jig for routing the saddle. I didn't have much luck with the jig, and I am not sure if I like my peg layout yet. I want to do a curve with the pegs but I am not sure if I want to follow the curve of the lower section of the bridge, or the curve of the relief I made. I will play around with it a bit before drilling it out. I think I will need at least the two outer holes so I can anchor the bridge down for the saddle cut.

Again, no pictures tonight. Sawdust really isn't all that photogenic!

No comments: