Google
 

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Too much sunshine, too little building....

Not much happened this weekend in the shop. The weather has been absolutely fantastic, and it is hard to be cooped up inside when there is bright sunshine, warm temp's, and plenty of yard work that needs done! I did spend a little time making some fine adjustments to the bridge but that was all the time I could force myself to spend inside. One thing I did get done though was to get the parts ordered for my next build, as small jumbo. I picked a bearclaw top (gotta love that bearclaw look!) and camatillo rosewood for the back and sides. This will also be a scratch build with the only servicing being done for me is thickness sanding. Maybe by the end of this summer I will get a thickness sander so I can do that myself too. I ordered some plans from the OLF site for this build. Hopefully I will get some time this week in the shop so I can get the OOO in the finishing room. I would like to get things timed out like I did the last time, so I can start building the next one while the last one is in the curing stages.

So, here I am again with that excited feeling, anxious to get that box of wood in my hands so I can make some more sawdust, and hopefully a bit of noise that sounds like a fine guitar!

No comments: