Google
 

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Slothead decision made....

After a lot of thinking today, I decided that I wanted to square off the bottom of the slot ramps. I used a straight edge to extend the edge lines down, then used my razor saw to cut the edged of the ramp. After that, I cut the ramps with a 1/2" chisel. I have to say, I am much happier with how it looks. I just wasn't too happy with the round ramps. These look like they fit the design better. After that, I did a lot of sanding to clean the slots up, and sanded the body. I still have a lot of sanding to do, but I think I might have it ready for pore filling this weekend. Oh, I also spend a few minutes filling the gap on the top where the binding and perfling strip didn't get pulled tight at the waist. I used superglue and ebony dust to fill the gap.




Here is a side by side comparison of the ramps. I guess by this time, the decision is pretty much made!


I cut the edged of the ramps at and angle using my razor saw.


The two ramps cut but no sanding has been done yet. The shiny glob on the right slot is a bit of CA. While running my chisel up the slot, I slipped and shaved the edge of the slot a bit.


Here is the peg head after some sanding. I still have a bit more work to do on it, but it is getting close to being done. I have to say, these slot heads are a lot more work than solid peg heads!


No comments: