Google
 

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Twiddling my thumbs.....

DAY 35

No big news here. Basically until it warms up just a bit around here so I can get the shop up to finishing temp's all I have to do is change the fingerboard side markers to black, do some final sanding and masking. I got all of my finishing supplies and the side markers today in the mail from Stewmac, and an e-mail from LMI telling me that my order for the next guitar has been shipped. One thing, I accidentally ordered the wrong plan with the kit. I ordered the plan based on the Martin OOO and I actually wanted the Small Concert guitar. I figured that out today, and unfortunately I didn't get my e-mail to LMI asking for a change before they got it in the mail. I will look at the plans I get and if there is a big enough difference between the OOO and the OM plans I have now, I will just go ahead and build the OOO. If it is too similar, which I think it will be, I will order the correct plans. I have to wait for the wood to acclimate before I do anything with it anyways so no big deal. I don't have my heart set on anything in particular, I just wanted to make something different than what I have already done, and wanted to build a 12 fret above the body slotted peghead instead of a 14 fret solid head. Again, not a huge deal to me since I don't play anyways, I just wanted something different.

Anyways, as soon as I can get out and work, or when the LMI kit arrives I will get some pictures up again.

No comments: