Google
 

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Inlay.....

I didn't have a lot of time to work in the shop today so I decided to spend what time I had cutting the peg head inlays for the two guitars. As you probably know I have a deer head logo so I made copies of it, glued the pictures to the abalone blanks and cut them out. Although the design has a lot of tiny cuts, it really isn't all that difficult to cut. The hardest part is holding it down solidly enough so the piece doesn't break while I am cutting it. I got both deer head inlays cut out. I am going to cut initial letters to put on the heel caps that are for the first names of the recipients. I will probably cut those out this weekend.





Here is the first one in the process of being cut.


The two inlays cut out. For size reference, a quarter will completely cover each one so they are fairly small. It's funny, with the differences in the color patterns they look like they have a different shape but in reality they are almost identical. I can stack them on each other and except for some very minor differences, they are identically shaped. It must be some sort of an optical illusion.


No comments: