Google
 

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Just a couple of pictures...

I really didn't do much today other than take the tape off the fingerboard ends and sand them, as well as sand the peg head inlays to see how the fill turned out. I am very happy with the two fingerboard ends. They turned out quite nice. I am also happy with the inlay fill. The darker one really blends in very well and it almost invisible. The lighter one is good too, but it is a little more visible than the other. Both are a lot better than my previous inlays. It is nice to do something and feel like I am getting better at it.


Here are the two fingerboard ends with the bindings completed.


An extreme close up of the first inlay. If you look closely you can see a few fill spots but they really are almost invisible in real life.


This is the lighter one. If you look just above the nose you can see a fill spot. It is a lot more visible in these pictures than in real life. When I wet it with naphtha, it disappears.




No comments: